Professional womenswear Digital Block Patterns (based on UK size) for fashion designers, pattern makers, students and sewers.
1. Purchase Digital Block Pattern
2. Assemble Block Pattern Together
3. Transfer Onto Study Card Or Paper
Arranged onto A4 sized pages for you to print out on economical A4 printers and assemble together; transfer onto manilla or oaktag card to create your own block patterns. The individual pages are printed with a frame so they can be connected frame to frame, later. “The definition of a block is any pattern without seam allowance from which other patterns are designed, also called basic pattern, block pattern, or foundation pattern”.
DIGITAL BLOCK PATTERNS
Minimum wearing ease: – used for a layer of clothing on the body – Tops, Skirts, Shirts
Medium wearing ease: – used for garments that form an intermediate layer – Jackets
Maximum wearing ease: – used for garments that form the outer layer – Coats
Included in your download
1. Pdf full size block pattern
2. How to assemble block pattern
3. Metric & Imperial size chart
How To Assemble Full Size Block Patterns
1. Open the files in Acrobat Reader.
2. On the print settings:
Do not select ‘scale to fit’ or ‘crop’.
Do ensure that ‘None’ is selected on the ‘Page Scaling’ option.
Print each pattern piece singled sized A4 setting.
3. Each page of the block is numbered to help you assemble the block. When the print is complete, you can see (< ) marks along each edge of each page that guide you in accurately assembling and taping together the printed block overlapping each sheet (see below). 4. Transfer your printed block onto card. Mark all the relevant lines on your card blocks. That’s it. You’re now ready to start making your pattern!
5. The blocks are joined horizontally.
6. Your now ready to start creating your own personalized wardrobe!